5 Yoga Poses Effective For Weight Gain
By: Pinki Sat, 18 Apr 2020 5:01 PM
In a world obsessed with “weight loss”, there are many people living on the opposite end of the weight spectrum. Skinny, thin people who have always dreamt of having a muscular body are very much living in the society. Despite eating a calorie-rich diet, they find it hard to gain even a single kilo. Yoga for weight gain is a boon for such people, as it can help in reversing their body structure. Along with improving the mass, Yoga can also aid in strengthening the body and bringing a positive change in their lives. In this article, we shall learn the benefits of Yoga to increase weight, along with detailed Yoga steps for weight gain!
* Bhujangasana Or Cobra Pose
Also known as the Bhujangasana Pose, the Cobra pose is one of the effective Yoga poses for weight gain. It is a back-bending yoga pose, which strengthens your spine and improves your breathing capacity. It must be performed every day for visible results.
- We have to lie on our front and lift up the upper body and hold it there with the help of the hands.
- The inhalation and exhalation process then proceed.
- This is the most basic yoga pose for treating and toning the abdominal muscles.
- It must be done in sets of 15 seconds each with a ten-second break in between.
* The Sarvangasana Yoga
Sarvangasana also known as the shoulder standing pose is a shortcut key to benefits such as optimizing the function of thyroid glands, purifying the blood. It is one of the advanced level Yoga asanas for weight gain, which can be performed every day on an empty stomach.
- Lying down on the back the lower portion is forced upwards and held in that position with the help of shoulder blades.
- The shoulder carries the entire burden of the rest of the body.
- The hands are used to support the waist.
- This facilitates weight gain successfully if a proper diet is followed alongside the yoga asana.
* The Vajrasana Yoga
Wondering how to gain weight by Yoga? Try Vajrasana! Also known as the diamond pose or the thunderbolt pose is another of the yoga techniques for weight gain. It is a simple, beginner pose which can be performed after a meal for better digestion. Practice it for 5 to 10 minutes a day to notice the difference.
- Kneel on the floor sitting on the heels, spine erect and the palms resting on the knees.
- Inhale and exhale of air is done slowly.
The wind relieving pose is very helping when it comes to the toning of the body and facilitation of weight gain. A healthy diet alongside this asana will surely give you the results that you require desperately. It must be practised on an empty stomach every day for about 5 minutes. This is one of the effective Yoga exercises to increase weight!
- Lie flat on your back and hold your feet together.
- Place your arms next to your body.
- Take a deep breath and bring your knees close to your chest, while you exhale.
- Hold the knees tightly during the process.
- Now, inhale slowly and release the grip.
* The Matsyasana Yoga
The Matsyasana or fish pose is another great yoga where the person sits with her legs together and then bends backwards in an arch supported by the elbows while the hand is tucked into the hips. The head goes more backward until it touches the ground. This way blood circulation in the head opens up and helps in better hair conditions.Repeat for 5 to 10 times.
- Lie flat on your stomach and bring your legs together.
- Place your palms under the hips and the elbows perpendicular to the ground.
- Slowly breath in and lift your waist and your head facing the ground.
- Exhale and release it with your head back to the normal position and your back to the ground.