- Healthy Living›
- 5 Benefits Of Brahmi To Help You Get Good Health
5 Benefits Of Brahmi To Help You Get Good Health
By: Shweta Thu, 14 May 2020 5:31:02
India is the land of Ayurveda. We have a history of having a wealth of knowledge about using various plants and herbs to treat ailments and balance the various systems in our body through herbal treatments.One such unique and miraculous herb is Brahmi which has often been regarded as a brain booster. Brahmi is a small succulent herb with numerous branches, rooting at the nodes. It grows naturally in wet soil, shallow water and marshes. It has small flowers that are light purple or white in colour.
The whole plant including the flowers is useful for medicinal purposes. The bitter and sweet taste of the herb makes it easy to consume. Brahmi is a therapeutic herbknown to impart a cooling energy which helps in keeping the mind calm and free of anxiety. It is commonly used as a memory enhancer, aphrodisiac and a health tonic.
Here are 9 benefits of Brahmi which can help you achieve good health:
* Brahmi is helpful in decreasing the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. It reduces stress and anxiety. By regulating the stress hormones it counteracts the response and effects of stress. You can use brahmi leaves to make tea which can help in calming your nerves and relieve anxiety
* Brahmi contains a bio-chemical known as bacosides which helps in re-building brain tissues by influencing the brain cells. Because of its ability to counteract the effects of amyloid compound in the neuron that is responsible for damaging the brain, it is helpful in easing the symptoms of the Alzheimer’s disease.
* For ages, brahmi has been used for boosting memory. It has a positive effect on the hippocampus part of the brain that is responsible for intelligence, concentration and memory.
* Brahmi is full of antioxidants that are essential for living a healthy life. Antioxidants help in removing free radicals and reduces their chances of growth and spread of cancer cells.
* Regular consumption of Brahmi is known to be helpful in strengthening your immune system. Brahmi is packed with nutrients as well as the antioxidant compounds which can help increase the response time of our immune system against various diseases and ailments.
* Brahmi can also prove to be remedial in providing relief from symptoms of arthritis, gout and other inflammatory conditions. Inflammation is our body’s natural response to help heal and fight disease, however, chronic low-level inflammation has been linked to many chronic conditions, including cancer, diabetes, and heart and kidney disease. Brahmi may have potent anti-inflammatory properties and suppress pro-inflammatory enzymes and cytokines.
* It is also helpfulfor the digestive in soothing gastric ulcers and treating an irritable bowel syndrome.
* Brahmi is known for regulating the blood sugar levels in patients with diabetes and may help improve symptoms of hypoglycaemia.Regular consumption of Brahmi leaves can improve the symptoms related to diabetes and help in leading a healthy life.
* Brahmi also works as a brilliant detox. The antioxidant components not only help in rejuvenating your scalp but also promote regeneration of healthy hair.Flushing out of the toxins from the body helps enhance your skin complexion by stimulating cell regeneration.