Some Effective Home Remedies To Treat Erectile Dysfunction
By: Pinki Sun, 22 Nov 2020 2:44 PM
Erectile dysfunction (ED), also known as impotence, is a very common health problem. According to the Massachusetts Male Aging Study, it is estimated that half of all men experience erectile dysfunction at some point. At age 40, about 40 percent of men suffer from this condition, and it is more common at older ages.
ED is a condition where a man is not able to achieve or sustain an erection. It can lead to low self-esteem, depression and guilt.
A range of causes of ED can be broadly classified into two categories—physical and mental (psychological). According to the BBC Health, about 70 percent of impotence cases have medical causes and about 30 percent have psychological causes.
Garlic is believed to help deal with erectile dysfunction as it contains allicin which helps improve blood flow. A small study, Dr. Graham Jackson, consultant cardiologist at Guys and St Thomas’ NHS Trust found that eating four cloves of garlic daily for three months helped improve erection in six out of seven volunteers suffering from ED.
- Chew three to four cloves of garlic daily.
- Another option is to heat a few garlic cloves with a little bit of clarified butter on low flame until they turn golden brown. Eat these garlic cloves daily.
- Also, you can mix together one teaspoon each of garlic powder and cayenne pepper powder and have it with water a few hours before going to bed.
Almonds are considered a great aphrodisiac and people have been using it for thousands of years. Being high in vitamin E, almonds promote healthy blood flow and circulation in the body. Also, almonds are rich in zinc, manganese and copper.
- Mix one tablespoon of powdered almond in a glass of warm milk. Drink this daily before you go to bed.
- Alternatively, soak a handful of almonds in water for a few hours. Eat these almonds daily, 30 minutes before you go to bed.
Onions also contain aphrodisiac qualities. Plus, they help treat involuntary loss of semen during sleep or other times.
- Slice one to two large white onions. Fry the slices in clarified butter on low flame until they turn brown. Eat them with one tablespoon of honey daily before having your dinner.
- Alternatively, finely chop two large onions and steep them in two cups of warm water for 10 minutes. Drink half a cup of this liquid three times daily for one month.
Chinese herbalists consider carrots a good remedy for treating ED due to their aphrodisiac qualities and high beta-carotene content.
- Blend three medium-size carrots, three celery stalks, half of a medium-size beetroot and one to two garlic cloves in a juicer. Drink a glass of this juice once or twice daily.
- Drinking a glass of warm milk along with two tablespoons of grated carrot is another option.
- Eating salads including raw carrots daily can also help.
# Pomegranate Juice
Daily consumption of antioxidant-rich pomegranate can protect men against erectile dysfunction. It aids blood circulation and also helps reduce stress. Plus, it helps increase the nitrite oxide level in the body which in turn increases blood circulation.
A small-scale pilot study in 2007 also found that pomegranate juice is effective. However, further studies are still required to get statistically significant results.
# Pelvic Floor Exercises
Pelvic floor exercises can successfully restore erectile function in men with ED. According to a BJU International study done in 2005, pelvic floor exercises can provide a long-term solution for ED. They help strengthen the muscles located at the base of the penile muscle.
While doing pelvic floor exercises, you must pay attention to releasing and tightening the pelvic muscles. This also promotes urinary continence.
It is recommended to learn these exercises from an expert and then do them on your own. Do these exercises daily for at least three months to get positive results.