10 Places To Enjoy Water Sports Around The World
By: Pinki Fri, 17 Nov 2023 11:10:15
Providing an exhilarating surge of adrenaline, water sports are accessible year-round, offering adventure enthusiasts a unique thrill. Engaging in these activities elicits a distinct sense of excitement. While certain endeavors necessitate training, numerous options are available for those without formal instruction. If you crave adventure, explore these 10 renowned global destinations for water sports.
# Phuket & Koh Samui, Thailand
Phuket and Koh Samui stand out as two jewels in the captivating nation of Thailand, both boasting crystal-clear sea waters. While reveling in their scenic beauty, one can also partake in a variety of exhilarating water activities.
- Jet skiing offers a truly thrilling experience. Riding a jet scooter through the pounding waves is an exciting option that requires no formal training.
- How about riding the sea waves with surfboarding?
- Koh Samui, with its numerous kiteboarding spots, is perfect for enthusiasts of this sport.
- If you have a desire to surf, you can do so from Phuket to Kata Yai, home to some of the world's best surfing spots.
- Parasailing, scuba diving, snorkeling, and swimming are also enticing options to explore.
# Goa, India
Included among the world's and India's most sought-after destinations for water sports, Goa deserves recognition. This beach state is a delightful blend of adventure and a laid-back, free-spirited atmosphere.
- Engage in activities such as Banana boat rides, Jet skiing, flyboarding, windsurfing, kneeboarding, speed boat rides, and parasailing. The beaches of North Goa, including Calangute, Candolim, and Baga, as well as South Goa's Mobor, are well-known.
- Explore kayaking, fishing, dinghy sailing, and scuba diving for a different aquatic experience.
- Consider planning a rafting adventure in the Mhadei River as well.
# Port Louis, Mauritius
The picturesque island nation of Mauritius showcases vibrant lagoons, unspoiled beaches, and breathtaking reefs. Venture to the beautiful Port Louis to partake in various water sports. Far from hindering adventure enthusiasts, the cliffs and rocks add to the excitement.
- Engage in deep-sea fishing to discover the diverse and colorful marine life of Mauritius.
- Sea kayaking is also an appealing option for those with an interest.
- Another noteworthy activity is swimming with dolphins, with several companies providing this unique experience.
# Andamans, India
The verdant Andaman Islands rank among India's most exotic destinations. When it comes to water sports, Andaman surpasses expectations and is considered among the best globally. Blessed with azure waters, diverse marine life, idyllic beaches, a tranquil ambiance, and various other attractions.
- Immerse yourself in the underwater world through snorkeling and scuba diving. Additionally, you can acquire the art of scuba diving from experienced instructors at specialized institutes.
- Popular diving sites in Andaman include Snake Island, Bala Reef, and Corruption Rock.
- Wind surfing and parasailing are also renowned water sports in this region.
- Consider renting a sailing boat for a leisurely experience.
- Engage in water skiing and learn kayaking on this island paradise.
- Other activities to enjoy include banana boat rides, swimming, fishing, undersea walking, and a captivating glass-bottom boat ride.
# Brisbane, Australia
Brisbane stands out as one of the world's beloved destinations and is considered the premier location in Australia for water sports. With its shimmering sea waters, expansive blue skies, and abundant sunshine, it provides an ideal setting for aquatic activities.
- Indulge in surfing to your heart's content, as Brisbane is recognized as one of Australia's most popular surfing destinations.
- Experience the wonders of the region's marine life through scuba diving.
- Paddleboarding is also a widely embraced activity in this vibrant city.
- Enjoy memorable experiences with boating, swimming, dolphin spotting, and cruise rides in Brisbane's aquatic playground.
# Lakshadweep, India
Situated 400 km off the western coast of Kerala in the Arabian Sea, Lakshadweep is a collection of 36 coral islands. Enthusiasts of water sports and those in search of seclusion are drawn to this emerald-like island destination. With its azure waters, vibrant lagoons, pristine seas, and abundant marine life, it truly is a haven.
- Engage in popular activities such as surfing, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, and water skiing.
- Explore the underwater wonders through scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Additionally, delight in dolphin sightings at the Dolphin Drive Center.
# Lagos & Sagres, Portugal
It's not often that when Portugal is mentioned, beaches immediately come to mind. This destination is renowned for its architectural marvels, religious sites, natural landscapes, delectable cuisine, art, culture, and various outdoor activities. However, the concealed beach havens of Lagos and Sagres allow you to partake in a variety of water-related pursuits.
- Visit Sagres for its breathtaking beaches and thrilling surf spots. Here, you can also engage in activities like fishing, kite surfing, and bodyboarding.
- Lagos is popular for wind surfing, as well as paddle boating, scuba diving, sailing, and wakeboarding.
- The experience of diving is equally exciting in this region.
# Mykonos, Greece
The captivating Mykonos Island in the Aegean Sea is a haven for those who appreciate tranquility and scenic beauty. While its beaches are renowned for their breathtaking views, they offer more than just a lively atmosphere; the waters are relatively calm, providing opportunities for various water-related activities.
- Dive into the underwater marine life through scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Barefoot skiing is also a sought-after activity.
- Surfing, windsurfing, and kite surfing are popular choices as well.
- Enjoy jet skiing, banana boat rides, sofa rides, swimming, and water skiing.
- Additionally, Paradise Beach features a diving school where you can learn the art of diving.
# Rishikesh, India
Known as the 'Adventure Capital of India' and the 'Yoga Capital of India,' Rishikesh beckons water adventure enthusiasts with the challenging waters of the River Ganges.
Rishikesh stands as one of the world's most renowned river rafting destinations. Catering to both novices and experienced rafters, the rafting experience in Rishikesh offers difficulty levels ranging from Basic to Advanced. Starting points like Brahmapuri, Shivpuri, Marine Drive, and Kaudiyala are popular, and rafting durations vary from 2 to 6 hours. Notable rapids such as Cross Fire, Three Blind Mice, Hilton, Black Money, and Terminator add to the excitement.
- Additionally, explore body surfing and kayaking to further enhance your water adventure in Rishikesh.
# Caribbean Islands
Embraced by the azure Caribbean Sea, the Caribbean Islands are renowned for their exhilarating water sports. Each of the islands, comprising 17 dependent territories and 13 sovereign states, provides an ideal setting for water-based activities.
- For surfing enthusiasts, Cayman is the go-to destination in the Caribbean.
- Jet skiing and diving are also popular choices for water recreation.
- Additionally, indulge in kayaking, catamaran rides, and snorkeling at Cozumel.
- Experience kite surfing in the Dominican Republic.
- Paddleboarding, parasailing, boating, banana boat rides, fishing, and yacht rides are among the diverse water activities available in the region.