Effortless Microwave Cleaning Tips For A Sparkling Appliance
By: Pinki Thu, 07 Dec 2023 7:38:52
In the bustling realm of the kitchen, the microwave stands as an indispensable ally, bravely facing daily skirmishes against food splatters and spills. Yet, these culinary encounters often leave behind persistent stains and lingering odors, challenging the ordinary means of cleaning. But fret not! With a handful of household essentials and straightforward methods, reviving your microwave to its former glory is a simple endeavor.
# Steam-Powered Cleaning
A microwave-safe bowl
Vinegar or lemon slices
- Fill a microwave-safe bowl with equal parts water and vinegar (or lemon slices submerged in water).
- Place the bowl in the microwave and heat it on high for 3-5 minutes until the water boils and steam saturates the interior.
- Let it sit for a few minutes before carefully removing the bowl.
- Wipe down the interior surfaces with a damp cloth or sponge, effortlessly lifting away softened stains and grease.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a microwave-safe bowl filled with water.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and run it on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep the microwave door closed for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the steam to work its magic.
- Use a cloth to wipe down the interior, eliminating grime while leaving behind a citrusy freshness.
# Baking Soda Scrub
- Create a paste by mixing baking soda and water until it forms a spreadable consistency.
- Apply the paste to stubborn stains or dried spills inside the microwave.
- Let it sit for 10-15 minutes to break down the stains.
- Gently scrub the area with a damp cloth or sponge, then wipe clean with water.
# Vinegar and Water Spray
- Mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle.
- Spritz the interior surfaces of the microwave generously.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes to loosen dirt and stains.
- Wipe down the surfaces with a clean cloth or sponge, removing grime effortlessly.
# Vinegar Steam Clean
- Pour a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the bowl in the microwave until the mixture boils and generates steam.
- Leave the door closed for a few minutes to allow the steam to soften grime and stains.
- Wipe down the interior with a cloth or sponge.
# Dish Soap and Water
- Fill a bowl or microwave-safe container with warm water and a few drops of dish soap.
- Place the container in the microwave and run it on high for a couple of minutes.
- Let it sit for a while to allow the steam to loosen any residue.
- Wipe the interior with a damp cloth to remove dirt and grease.
# Commercial Microwave Cleaner
- Use a specialized microwave cleaner or microwave-specific wipes.
- Follow the instructions provided on the cleaner's packaging for safe and effective use.
- These cleaners are formulated to dissolve tough stains and eliminate odors without damaging the appliance.
# Regular Maintenance
- To prevent buildup, cover food items while heating to avoid splatters.
- Wipe the interior after every use with a damp cloth to tackle fresh spills before they harden.
- Clean the exterior regularly to maintain the overall appearance of the microwave.
# Baking Soda Deodorizer
Place a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in the microwave overnight.The baking soda absorbs odors, leaving your appliance smelling fresh the next day.