- Hunger Struck›
- Recipe - Coconut Ladoo Modak: A Delectable Twist On Ganesh Chaturthi Celebrations
Recipe - Coconut Ladoo Modak: A Delectable Twist On Ganesh Chaturthi Celebrations
By: Pinki Mon, 18 Sept 2023 10:53:03
The Coconut Ladoo Modak offers a harmonious blend of creamy condensed milk, fragrant coconut, and aromatic cardamom. The ease of preparation makes it an ideal choice for those who may be new to making modaks or simply looking for a quick and delicious offering.
As families come together to prepare and offer these delightful treats to Lord Ganesha, it fosters a sense of togetherness, tradition, and devotion. The act of crafting each modak with love and care, followed by the joy of sharing them with family, friends, and neighbors, encapsulates the true spirit of Ganesh Chaturthi.
This Ganesh Chaturthi, as you welcome the beloved Lord into your home, consider adding a touch of innovation to your celebrations with Coconut Ladoo Modaks. With their delectable taste and the blessings of Lord Ganesha, these modaks are sure to make your festival even more memorable and sweet.
Grated Coconut: 2 cups
Condensed Milk: 1 cup
Cardamom Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
Ghee (Clarified Butter): 2-3 tablespoons
Chopped Nuts (optional): Almonds, cashews, or pistachios for garnish
- Heat a non-stick pan or a heavy-bottomed pan and add ghee to it.
- Add the grated coconut to the pan and sauté it on low to medium heat until it turns light golden brown. This step brings out the rich aroma of coconut.
- Pour in the condensed milk and continue to cook the mixture on low heat.
- Stir the mixture continuously to avoid sticking and burning. It will gradually thicken and come together into a soft, dough-like consistency.
- Add cardamom powder for a delightful fragrance and flavor.
- Once the mixture has thickened and starts leaving the sides of the pan, remove it from the heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly so that it can be handled comfortably.
- While it is still warm, shape small portions of the mixture into modak-like cones or simply roll them into round ladoos.
- Optionally, garnish each modak or ladoo with a chopped nut of your choice for added texture and flavor.
- Your Coconut Ladoo Modaks are ready to be offered to Lord Ganesha or enjoyed as a sweet treat.