- Hunger Struck›
- Recipe - A Comforting And Flavorful Pasta Dish Baked Spaghetti
Recipe - A Comforting And Flavorful Pasta Dish Baked Spaghetti
By: Pinki Wed, 24 May 2023 10:59:47
Baked spaghetti is a comforting and satisfying twist on the classic pasta dish. With layers of pasta, savory meat sauce, and melted cheese, it's a crowd-pleasing recipe that will delight your taste buds. In this article, we will share a delicious baked spaghetti recipe along with the cooking and preparation time required to create this flavorful dish. Get ready to indulge in a warm and cheesy pasta experience!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
1 pound spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until they become translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef or Italian sausage to the skillet, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Cook until browned and fully cooked.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and black pepper. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
- In a greased 9x13-inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of the meat sauce.
- Add a layer of cooked spaghetti over the sauce, followed by another layer of meat sauce. Repeat the layers until all the spaghetti and sauce are used.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese evenly over the top.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Once baked, let the dish rest for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Serve the baked spaghetti warm and enjoy its delicious flavors!
- Feel free to customize your baked spaghetti by adding vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, or spinach to the sauce.
- For a spicier version, add red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the sauce.
- Leftover baked spaghetti can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days and reheated in the oven or microwave.