Diwali 2023- Stay Fit This Diwali With Kachhe Kele Ke Kebab
By: Pinki Sun, 12 Nov 2023 10:33:45
Welcome a healthier and more vibrant Diwali in 2023 with the delightful goodness of Kachhe Kele Ke Kebab. Delve into the festive spirit of Diwali as you savor the perfect blend of flavors and nutrition in these banana-based kebabs. Immerse yourself in the joy of celebration while prioritizing your well-being. Crafted from raw bananas, these kebabs present a unique twist to traditional festive fare, allowing you to relish the festivities guilt-free. Join us in transforming Diwali 2023 into a celebration of both flavor and fitness, showcasing that maintaining wellness can be a deliciously delightful experience.
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
2 Bananas (Raw / Green Plantains / Kachhe Kele)
1/2 cup Kuttu Atta or Buckwheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Pepper Powder
1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
1/4 cup coriander, chopped
Rock Salt to taste (or Sendha Namak)
- Cut each plantain in half and pressure cook or boil till the plantains are cooked through. I pressure cooked them for 3 whistles or about 15 minutes.
- Peel the plantains, and add them to a bowl along with kuttu atta (buckwheat flour), ground black pepper powder, green chillies, coriander and sendha namak (rock salt). Mash the plantains and mix well with the ingredients.
- Form the kebab mixture into flat, round balls about one and a half inch in diameter and set aside.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet, and add the kebabs one by one, making sure they don’t overlap. Cook each kebab for 8-10 minutes on each side till they are golden brown. I cooked these in two batches.
- Serve these kachhe kele ke kebabs with coriander chutney.