Recipe- Easy And Delicious Masale Bhat
By: Kratika Thu, 24 Nov 2022 10:08 AM
Masale bhat is an easy, delicious, one-pot Indian vegetarian meal. Made with a melange of vegetables, like potatoes, cauliflower, peas, and Indian spices. This traditional Maharashtrian rice preparation is an amazing mix of spicy flavors and texture. Perfect to serve as one pot Vegetarian dinner!
2 tablespoon Peanut Oil
1 inch Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Peppercorn
⅕ teaspoon Asafoetida
1.5 teaspoon Ginger
3 Green Chili
¼ cup Coriander
¾ cup Onion
½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
½ teaspoon Garam Masala
1 tablespoon Goda Masala
Salt to taste
¼ cup Peas
¼ cup Cauliflower
1 Medium Tomato
1 Medium Carrot
1 cup Rice
2 cup Water
- Heat oil in a pan and add 2 Bay leaves, 1 inch Cinnamon, 3-4 Cloves, ½ teaspoon Peppercorn, ⅕ teaspoon Asafoetida, 1.5 teaspoon Ginger, 3 Green Chili, and ¼ cup Coriander. Stir the spices for a minute and add ¾ cup Onion in it.
- Saute the onion till they are light brown or translucent.
- Then add ½ teaspoon Turmeric Powder, 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder, ½ teaspoon Garam Masala, 1 tablespoon Goda Masala, and sprinkle salt to taste.
- Roast the spices well.
- When the spices are well roasted add 1 medium-sized diced tomatoes, 1 medium carrot, ½ cup peas, and ¼ cup cauliflower.
- Mix the vegetables with the spices and cook for a minute or two.
- Then add soaked and drained Basmati rice in the pan. Carefully mix the vegetables with the rice and pour 2 cups of water in it. The quantity of water should be double the quantity of rice.
- Cover the lid and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Take off the lid and check if the rice is cooked. When done, top it with some peanuts and serve hot.