Healthy Egg Salad Recipe: Nutritious And Delicious
By: Pinki Thu, 07 Dec 2023 4:09:48
Introducing a nutritious and delightful dish: the Healthy Egg Salad Recipe. This culinary gem not only tantalizes the taste buds but also packs a powerful punch of essential nutrients. Imagine the creamy goodness of eggs harmonizing with a symphony of flavors, all contributing to a balanced and healthful meal. This recipe promises a delectable fusion of protein-rich eggs, crisp veggies, and a tangy dressing, creating a vibrant dish that's both satisfying and nourishing. Get ready to indulge in a culinary journey that celebrates health and taste in every delightful bite.
Hard-boiled eggs: 6 large
Greek yogurt: 1/4 cup
Dijon mustard: 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
Chopped celery: 1/4 cup
Chopped red onion: 2 tablespoons
Fresh dill: 1 tablespoon (optional)
Salt and pepper: To taste
Lettuce leaves: For serving
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover them with water.
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce the heat and let the eggs simmer for about 10-12 minutes.
- Once done, transfer the eggs to an ice water bath to cool. Peel and chop them coarsely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well until smooth.
- Add the chopped eggs, celery, red onion, and fresh dill (if using) to the dressing.
- Gently fold all the ingredients together until they are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Refrigerate the egg salad for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- When ready to serve, scoop the egg salad onto lettuce leaves for a refreshing and healthy presentation.
Why This Egg Salad?
Protein-Packed: Eggs are a fantastic source of high-quality protein, essential for muscle repair and growth.
Healthy Fats: The eggs' yolks provide healthy fats and essential nutrients like vitamin D, essential for bone health.
Low-Calorie: Using Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise cuts down on calories while still giving the salad a creamy texture.
Nutrient-Rich: Celery adds crunch and is low in calories, while red onion brings a tangy bite and antioxidants to the mix.
Versatile: Enjoy this egg salad on its own, in a sandwich, or as a topping for crackers or whole-grain bread.