Recipe- Mouthwatering Pista Badam Burfi Is Perfect For Winters
By: Pinki Mon, 20 Nov 2023 8:51:31
As the wintry winds whisper their arrival, there's an innate desire for comforting treats that encapsulate the essence of the season. The Pista Badam Burfi stands as an emblem of winter indulgence, boasting a recipe that intertwines the rich flavors of pistachios (pista) and almonds (badam) into a delightful sweet.
Crafting this mouthwatering delight is a culinary journey that harmonizes the nuttiness of almonds and pistachios with the fragrant richness of spices. This recipe, perfect for the winter months, invites you into a world of aromatic warmth and sweet indulgence.
1 cup almonds (badam)
1 cup pistachios (pista)
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
A pinch of saffron strands (optional)
Ghee for greasing
Preparation Time: Approximately 45-60 minutes
- Roast the almonds and pistachios separately in a pan until they turn golden and emit a nutty aroma.
- Allow the nuts to cool and grind them into a fine powder separately.
- In a wide-bottomed pan, pour the milk and let it simmer on low heat.
- Add cardamom powder and saffron strands for flavor (optional).
- Continue simmering until the milk reduces to half its original volume, stirring occasionally to avoid sticking.
- Once the milk is reduced, add the powdered almonds and pistachios to the pan.
- Stir continuously to ensure the mixture thickens and attains a homogeneous consistency.
- In a separate pan, prepare a sugar syrup by melting the sugar in a little water over medium heat.
- Allow the sugar syrup to thicken slightly.
- Slowly pour the sugar syrup into the nut and milk mixture, stirring continuously to blend the ingredients.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens and starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Grease a plate or tray with ghee and spread the mixture evenly on it. Allow it to cool and set.
- Once cooled, cut the set mixture into squares or diamonds.