Navratri Recipe- Delicious Suran Cutlet
By: Kratika Thu, 29 Sept 2022 3:00 PM
This is one of my favourite recipe from the book Annapoorna by Mangala Barve. As always I have made this so many times that it is now more mine than hers. That is her success. Suran is a large tuber that goes by the name Yam. It is used on fasting days.
Boiled yam (jimikand)-1 cup
Boiled potato-1 cup
Roasted and crushed peanuts-3 tbls
Roasted sesame seeds-3 tbls
Lemon juice-1.5 t.s
Singhara atta-1/2 cup
Poppy seeds-3 tbls
Cumin seeds-1/2 t.s
- Heat 2 t.s oil in a pan add cumin seeds and chopped green chillies.when become golden ,add boiled and mashed suran and mashed potato and peanuts.
- Stir fry for 1 minute and then take out in a bowl.
- Let it cool down ,then add salt ,sugar ,sesame, .lemon juice.mix well.
- Make cutlets and keep aside.
- Take singhara atta ,salt and water in a bowl and make a medium thick batter.
- Dip the cutlets in the batter and sprinkle poppy seds over it.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the cutlets on mediun heat till golden and crisp.
- Serve hot.