Navratri Recipe- Soft And Fluffy Sabudana Uttapam
By: Kratika Thu, 29 Sept 2022 3:34 PM
Soft and fluffy pancakes made with sago, potato, amaranth flour and barnyarn millet. During fasting we use sabudana, kuttu atta, samak, rajgiri atta , singhora atta and make different varieties from these millets and flours.
Sago flour/sabudana ka atta- 1/2 cup
Barnyarn millet flour/sama ka atta – 1/2 cup *
Amaranth flour/Rajgiri atta- 2 tbsp
Potato, boiled and grated -1
Yogurt/dahi -1/2 cup
Green chilies,chopped – 1 tsp
Ginger/adrak, grated – 1/2 tsp
Fresh coriander,chopped – 2 tbsp
Cumin seeds/jeera – 1tsp
Pepper powder/kali mirch – 3/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Take a bowl and add rajgiri flour,samak flour,sabudana flour and yogurt.
- Add 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Now add grated potato and all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Add some water if required,the batter should be medium thick like the regular uthappam batter.
- Heat a non stick pan and wipe with a cloth napkin soaked in water and oil mixture.
- Now pour a laddle ful of battar on it and spread it slightly(don’t make it very thin)
- Cover with a lid and cook on medium flame till it get cooked from bottom.
- Now spread some oil over it and flip the uttapam.
- Cover and cook again , so it get cooked from the bottom.
- Remove when done and serve hot or cold.