Recipe- Perfect Tea Time Snack Paneer Onion Pakora
By: Neha Fri, 02 Dec 2022 3:47:27
Paneer Pakora recipe with a twist of onion pakoda which we call "Panion Pakoda". Is that even a name! But when you combine your two favourite Pakoda recipe, Paneer pakora and Onion Pakora you get "Panion Pakora".So, here's double the fun crispy Onion pokoda outside and soft and creamy Indian Paneer Pakora inside.
250 gram onion thinly sliced
½ teaspoon turmeric powder haldi powder
1 teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder dhania powder
1 whole green chilli chopped
Coriander leaves chopped
150 gram besan gram flour
200 gram paneer Cottage cheese
Salt to taste
Water as required
- Take thinly sliced onion in a bowl. Spread the layers of onion.
- Add 1 teaspoon kashmiri chilli powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, chopped green chilli, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, chopped coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix it well so that the spices are well coated in the onion.
- Add 150 gram of besan ( gram flour ) in a mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a thick batter.
- Allow the batter to stand for 5 minutes.
- Now, the batter is ready. Meanwhile, heat up the oil for deep frying.
- Take 200 grams of paneer cubes.
- Coat the paneer cubes with onion pakora batter properly.
- Deep fry the batter coated paneer pakora in the hot oil till they turn golden brown and crisp. Drain them on a towel to remove extra oil.
- When cooked, sprinkle some chaat masala and coriander leaves over the pakoda.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup / green chutney and hot steaming cup of tea.