Recipe- Popular And Easy To Make Paneer Balti Masala
By: Neha Fri, 02 Dec 2022 4:09:37
Paneer Balti Masala is a very popular paneer recipe from Indian and Pakistani restaurants in Britain. Fresh soft chunks of paneer in a bucket of spicy tomato gravy taste absolutely incredible in this paneer curry recipe. This is a semi-rich paneer curry made with freshly toasted and ground whole spices served in a special dish which is known as called Balti.
For Balti Masala
1 inch Cinnamon dalchini
4 pieces of cardamom elaichi
1 teaspoon mustard seeds sarso
½ teaspoon fenugreek methi dana
1 teaspoon fennel saunf
1 teaspoon cumin jeera
3-4 dry red chilli sukhi lal mirch
1 teaspoon coriander powder dhania
1 teaspoon red chilli powder lal mirch
1 teaspoon turmeric powder haldi
1 teaspoon black pepper kali mirch powder
For Making Gravy
¼ onion finely chopped (pyaz)
1 ½ tablespoon green chilli and ginger paste mirch aur adrak paste
½ cup tomatoes chopped ( tamatar )
¼ cup tomato puree pisa hua tamatar
200 grams Paneer indian cottage cheese
4 tablespoons oil tel
1 tablespoon vinegar
A pinch of dried fenugreek leaves kasuri methi
Few stands of coriander leaves chopped ( hara dhania)
1 cup water
Salt to taste
- Put a nonstick pan on medium flame and Dry roast cinnamon, cardamom,mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin and dry red chillies .
- Grind these roasted masalas in a mixer to make balti masala.
- In a small bowl mix coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and keep aside.
- In a round bottom balti dish or pan heat some oil.
- Add chopped onions and saute well.
- Now add green chilli and ginger paste and keep stirring till the onions are slightly cooked( about 2-3 minutes on high flame.)
- Add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and mix well.
- Put 3 tablespoons of the balti masala prepared from toasted masalas.
- Mix well and add a little water ( about 2 tablespoons).
- When this dry gravy looks dark and roasted add the diced paneer and stir well.
- Sprinkle some salt to taste, add some water and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add vinegar and a pinch of dried fenugreek leaves.
- Stir and cook for another 2 minutes.
-Take it off heat and garnish with some fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with crispy parathas, steamed rice and some fresh salad.