Recipe- Punjabi Style Aloo Gajar Matar Sabzi
By: Neha Thu, 01 Dec 2022 3:34:45
Aloo Gajar Matar recipe without onion and garlic. This is a Punjabi style dry sabzi made with very few spices and new potatoes, fresh peas, and winter red carrots. This simple sabzi recipe tastes best when cooked in winters because red winter carrots are sweeter in taste and together with fresh peas they taste best. This is one of the easy sabzis to make, you just need a very simple tadka/tempering of tomatoes and garam masala.
250 g Potatoes
200 g carrots red
200 g Peas shelled
150 g Tomatoes
2-3 green chilli chopped
1 teaspoon ginger finely chopped
leaves coriander garnish
Salt to taste
1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 pinch asafoetida
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
2 Tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a pan, add chopped green chilies and chopped ginger.
- Add cumin seeds and cook for a minute till they start to pop a little.
- Now add a pinch of asafoetida/hing and also add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook tomatoes for 6-7 minutes and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt to taste and mix well.
- Now add peeled and cubed potatoes, sliced carrots and shelled peas and add 2-3 tablespoon water if required.
- Cover the pan/kadahi with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes till potatoes are well cooked.
- Keep stirring it in between so that it does not stick to the bottom of pan.
- When potatoes are done sprinkle garam masala and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with chapati paratha or poori.