Recipe- Crisp And Delicious Cheesy Pita Pockets
By: Kratika Wed, 03 Mar 2021 2:49 PM
Pita bread or khubz is flatbread made with all purpose flour or with wheat flour.This is the most common staple food in the Arab world. I tried making these filling and easy cheesy pita pockets /triangles with three types of pita bread available ,thin like a chapati,medium and thick like a pizza base.
5 Pita bread
3/4 cup Corn kernels
2 medium Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch
1 tbsp Pickled jalapeno
1 cup Cottage cheese or tofu
1/2 cup Black Olives / Kaale Zeitoun
1 cup Grated mozzarella cheese
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Salt / Namak
1 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
* Cut and open pita bread from one side and make a pocket.
* Pressure cook corn kernals for 2 whistles.drain and keep aside.
* Make small cubes of cottage cheese / tofu or crumble it.chop capsicum into small pieces.
* Mix every thing for stuffing in a bowl
* Stuff this mixture in the pita pocket and apply some butter or olive oil over the pita bread.
* Grill it till golden and crisp
* Slice into 4 triangles and serve hot.
* Serving tips-serve with tomato ketchup or salsa dip.