Recipe- Crispy And Delicious Fried Bread Rolls
By: Pinki Wed, 10 Feb 2021 3:46 PM
Bread Roll is a very easy to make and delicious snack . It can be served as breakfast, tea time snack, party snack and a good recipe to pack in lunch boxes. This is a very old snack which I tasted in my school canteen and then forced my mother to try and make these bread rolls. Since then this is my favorite snack. Now My kids avoid fried stuff but I often make few for my self.
Stuffing of bread roll can be made in different ways with different types of cooked and mashed vegetables but my favorite is the classic one-potato and pea stuffing. I have also tried with paneer filling but still I love these potato ones the most.
1.5 cup Whole Milk / Doodh check notes
2 tbsp Cornflour
8 Bread slices
3 Boiled potatoes
1/2 cup Boiled peas-1/2 cup
2 Green Chillies / Hari Mirch chopped
1/2 tsp Ginger / Adrak
3 tbsp Fresh Coriander / Cilantro / Hara Dhaniya chopped
2 tbsp Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
1/2 tsp Mango Powder / Amchoor Powder
1 tsp Red Chili Powder/ Laal Mirch
1 tsp Salt / Namak
1 tsp Cooking Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
2 tbsp grated cheese
* First of all Trim the sides of the bread.
* Mix corn flour and pinch of salt in 1 cup water and half milk.(you can substitute milk with thin butter milk or plain water.)
* Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan ,add cumin when it become golden then add peas ,green chili and cover and cook for 1 minute,then add mashed potatoes and all the spices, stir fry for 1 minutes.take out in a bowl.
* Add chopped mint ,1 tbsp butter or grated cheese mix well and make long rolls of about 1.5 inches from the mixture,keep aside.
* Dip bread slices in milk ,take out and squeeze well between your palms.
* Keep the potato mixture roll in between the bread and press and fold from all sides to make a tight roll.
* Heat oil in pan,deep fry rolls on medium flame,drain and serve
* Serving suggestions-serve with tomato ketchup or mint yoghurt dip.