Recipe- Crispy Farali Patties
By: Kratika Wed, 05 May 2021 3:12 PM
Farali Patties is usually prepared with regular potatoes, but I used regular and sweet potatoes both in 1:1 ratio.
These farali tikkis are crispy outside and soft inside, lip smacking that you will crave for more and more. Also, these tikkis can be consumed during non fasting days. It’s a perfect healthy snack.
These are prepared very easily with boiled sweet potatoes and regular potatoes, coarsely ground peanuts and some spices. Serve them steaming hot with green chutney and relish eating. Everyone will love this savory dish for sure.
1 cup Boiled & Mashed Regular Potatoes
1 cup Boiled & Mashed Sweet Potatoes
½ cup Farali Flour (Mix of Rajgira, Sabudana and Samo)
¼ cup Roasted & Crushed Peanuts
3-4 Green Chilies finely chopped
1 tsp Grated Ginger Paste
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Black Salt or Regular Salt
½ Lemon juice
½ cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
¼ cup Extra Farali Flour for Coating
* Take bowl; add boiled & Mashed Potatoes, roasted & crushed peanuts, finely chopped Green Chilies, grated ginger, black salt, lemon juice, turmeric powder, chopped coriander leaves and farali flour.
* Mix all ingredients using your hand and make dough. Add little more flour if needed.
* Now make a small ball from dough and press lightly using your hand palms and make patties or flat tikki, then slightly coat the patties both side with using the flour.
* Use the same process for rest of the dough.
* Now heat the griddle/tawa, arrange the prepared tikkis on the griddle and roast both the sides of patties on low flame till golden brown.
* Farali Patties are ready. Now you can serve hot with green chutney or curd.