Recipe- Delicious Chilli Paneer With Gravy
By: Kratika Wed, 13 Oct 2021 1:50 PM
Chilli Paneer Gravy is an Indo Chinese dish that tastes delicious and is highly popular among local people. Easy to prepare and full of flavor and zing. It is a perfect go to dish when you want to eat something spicy and do not want to chop too much and requires very little time.
250 gms Paneer (cottage cheese ) cubed
1 large Capsicum
1 tblsp minced Ginger
1 tblsp minced Garlic
3 – 4 Green Chilli cut diagonally
1 large Onion Diced
1 -2 tblsp Spring Onion for garnishing
1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilly Powder for color
1 tsp Red Chilli Sauce
1/4 tsp Ajinomoto (optional)
1 tblsp Soya Sauce
1 tbslp Vinegar
1 tblsp Cornflour
1 tblsp Sesame Oil / Vegetable Oil
Oil for frying
1/4 cup Maida
2 tblsp Cornflour
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
* Cut the paneer in small cubes. Dice the capsicum. The pieces should not be very small. Dice the onions and separate each layer and make petals.
* In a bowl mix all the ingredients under the marinade section – maida, cornflour, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
* Now add water to little by little to make a thick coating consistency batter. Add the paneer cubes and with a light hand coat all the paneer pieces.
* Keep in the fridge for half and hour.
* Later heat oil for frying and fry the marinated paneer cubes on medium flame till golden brown. Keep aside.
* Make a thin lump free slurry with 1tblsp of cornflour and 3-4 tblsp of water. Keep aside.
* Heat sesame oil in a pan / wok, on high flame add onion petals, diced capsicum, ginger, garlic and green chillies. Do not over cook.
* The capsicum should retain a bite.
* Stir fry on high flame for 2 – 3 mins and then add the red chilly, ajinomotto, soy sauce.
* Now add 1/2 cup of hot water.
* Add the slurry prepared earlier.
* Keep stirring really fast. Once the sauce begins to thicken add the fried paneer pieces.
* Add the salt and pepper seasoning and vinegar.
* Once the sauce reaches the desired consistency switch off the flame.
* Dish out the chilli paneer gravy and garnish with spring onion greens.