Recipe- Delicious Chocolate Barfi
By: Kratika Thu, 23 June 2022 4:22 PM
In India, sweets are traditionally given as gifts and shared with loved ones whenever you visit (like we have tea and cake, really), and symbolise the happiness of the relationship. These sweets look amazing but they are incredibly sweet and generally this is too much for the English palette.
200ml double cream
200g milk powder
50g unsalted butter
10 cardamoms ground/½ tsp cardamom powder
400ml condensed milk
120g cocoa powder
2 tbsp pistachios roughly crushed (optional)
- Line a flat dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl sieve in the milk powder and mix with the cream to make a lumpy dough and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a non stick sauce pan and add the cardamom powder.
- Stir with the heat on low and add the condensed milk and cocoa powder.
- Once the cocoa powder has melted add the cream and milk powder mixture. Stir to melt away any lumps.
- Keep stirring and the mixture will start to leave the sides of the pan. Once this happens put it out on the flat dish and spread it out with the back of your spoon so its about 5-10cm deep. I like to top with crushed pistachios.
- Cool and set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hrs or overnight.
- Cut into squares and serve