Recipe- Delicious Malai Peda
By: Kratika Sat, 17 Apr 2021 5:38 PM
Malai Peda is one of the most well-known of Indian mithai (dessert). Malai Peda has an attractive texture and taste. It is most common Indian sweet for celebration.
Malai Peda is a famous Indian dessert made from condensed milk and a special process of curdling condensed milk turns it into a richly textured product like Khoya, which then flavored with cardamom and saffron. Malai Peda has spicy fragrance and intense flavor make it a hit with adults and the amazing texture and succulent mouth-feel make it popular with kids.
1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk
œ cup Milk
Œ cup Milk Powder
1 tbsp Corn Flour
1-2 tbsp Fresh Cream
Œ tsp Cardamom Powder
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Ghee
Few Strands of Saffron/Kesar
Chopped Dry Fruits for Garnishing (Almonds/Cashew/Pistachios)
Chandi/Edible Silver Warq/Warkh (optional)
* Add corn flour into milk, mix it till without lump and keep aside.
* Heat ghee into the pan. Add condensed milk in it and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame, then add lemon juice and stir continuously.
* Once mixture start curdling, add milk-corn flour mixture into that, stir it continuously till mixture becomes thick little bit.
* Now add milk powder, fresh cream, cardamom powder and saffron strands and stir it again till mixture start leaving the sides of the pan.
* Remove the prepared mixture into the bowl, let it cool down.
* Now divide the mixture into the small-small parts and make balls from the mixture, press each balls between your hand plums lightly and give it the shape as pre your choice.
* Malai Peda is ready, garnish it using edible chandi warakh and chopped dry fruits.