Recipe- Easy To Make Cornflakes Chivda
By: Kratika Wed, 05 May 2021 3:12 PM
Cornflakes Chivda or Makai Poha Chivda or Makai No Chevdo, this dish is simple. It is prepared from yellow cornflakes. It is a quick Indian snack to be enjoyed at any time, perfect with tea or just munching. This is sweet and salty namkeen with increased shelf life and prepared instantly. Cornflakes Chivda is a deep fried savory mixture, which includes dry fruits as well as spices.
2 cups Raw Yellow Cornflakes/Makai Poha
¼ cup Peanuts
¼ cup Sliced Dry Coconut
¼ cup Broken Cashew Nuts
2 tbsp Raisin/Manuka
2-3 Green Chili Chopped
8-10 Curry Leaves
½ tsp Red Chilies Powder
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1-2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
½ tsp Rock Salt
½ tsp Amchoor Powder
Salt to Taste
* In a deep pan/kadhai, add oil for deep frying and heat it.
* Once hot enough, add makai poha into small-small batches and deep fry it, drain it using big frying sieve spoon and spread it on a kitchen paper absorbent towel.
* Now, fry peanut, coconut slices, cashew nuts one by one till golden brown, and then place it on the kitchen papper.
* Fry raisin, green chili, curry leaves one by one in same way and add over the fried cornflakes.
* Now, mix the all fried ingredients into the mixing bowl without breaking the poha.
* Sprinkle all spices, sugar, salt and mix it tossing it gently till all spices mix and coat very well.
* Cornflake Chivda is ready. Let it be cool down, then store into the airtight container and enjoy along with cup of tea as a snack.