Recipe- Easy To Serve Lasgna Roll Ups
By: Kratika Sat, 27 Nov 2021 12:29 PM
Lasagna Roll Ups combine the best of classic Lasagna but are much easier to serve, bake faster and can be enjoyed right away – no resting time required! They are make-ahead, freezer-friendly, and reheat well.
We love comforting pasta dishes like Chicken Tetrazzini, traditional Spaghetti and Meatballs and Mom’s Chicken Alfredo. These are among the most requested meals in our family. Try this Lasagna Roll-Ups recipe and you will make it over and over.
12 lasagna noodles, cooked to package instructions
16 oz ground beef, 85% lean
24 oz marinara sauce
1/2 cup diced onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp sea salt, or to taste for red sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1/2 tsp dried oregano
15 oz ricotta cheese
1 large egg
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
1/4 cup parsley, chopped, plus more to garnish
* Preheat oven to 375˚F. Cook noodles in a large pot of salted water according to package instructions then drain and fill pot with cold water to stop the cooking process and keep noodles from sticking together.
* In a deep pan or dutch oven, over medium-high heat, cook ground beef until no longer pink, breaking up with a spatula (2 min). Add onion and cook until softened (3 minutes). Add garlic, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp oregano and sautee another minute. Add marinara, bring to a simmer and turn off the heat. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish
* In a large bowl, stir together: ricotta, 1 egg, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup parsley.
* To contain messiness, arrange noodles over a large baking sheet in a single layer.
* Spread 1/4 cup (1 scant ice cream scoop) of cheese mixture over the top of each noodle. Add a heaping Tbsp of meat sauce in a strip down the center of the noodle.
* Roll noodles up and arrange in the prepared casserole dish.
* Spread remaining meat sauce over the tops of roll-ups and sprinkle on the remaining 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese. Cover with foil, making sure foil isn't touching cheese (if your pan is on the shallow side, you can put toothpicks into rolls to keep the foil away from cheese.
* Bake covered at 375˚F for 40 minutes. Remove foil and broil another 2-3 minutes or until cheese is lightly golden. Garnish with parsley to serve.