Recipe- Easy Way To Make Badam Mysore Paak
By: Pinki Wed, 10 Feb 2021 3:46 PM
Mysore paak is a specialty from Southern Indian city Mysore.It is made with 3 ingredients-generous amount of ghee, sugar and flour.The traditional mysore paak is made with gram flour,but there are few versions of making this is , it is also made with flour/maida and nuts etc.
I was not a fan of besan paak but after coming to Dubai I learned this badam paak from a very good friend of mine . Till then I am making this on all the festivals as Me and every one in my family loves this badam paak.
Though in Southern India this dessert is popular as Mysore Paak but in my home town this is popular as Mesu and gram flour and refined flour both versions of paak are made and sold here in Mathura.
1 cup Almonds / Badam
1 cup Water / Paani
2 cup Sugar / Chini
2.5 cup Clarified Butter / Desi Ghee
1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi Powder
pinch Saffron / Kesar
* Grind almonds to make a fine powder(no need to soak or peel the almonds)
* Take a wide and heavy bottom pan/kadhai and add all the ingredients in it .
* Mix all the ingredients with a laddle to make a smooth lump free mixture.
* Now put the pan on gas stove and cook the mixture on medium heat.
* Keep stiring the mixture continuously in one direction.
* After about 15 minute the mixture will started to thicken.
* Keep stirring continuously till the mixture start leaving the sides of the pan and ghee start separating from it and get a light pink colour and become frothy and light in texture.
* Now gently pour the mixture in a steel/metal plate in one direction,no need to level the surface of mysore pak.
* Slide a small spoon under a side of the plate so all the extra ghee will collect on one side of the plate.
* Let it cool down for about 20 minutes.
* Cut into squares and serve.
* Easily stay well for a month at room temperature so no need to keep in refrigerator.