Recipe- How To Make Daal Vada
By: Pinki Wed, 10 Feb 2021 1:05 PM
Are you hosting a dinner party? May I suggest serving these street-food style Dal vadas?
These vadas are packed with tons of flavor, fried to crispy, crunchy perfection, and served with a spicy green chutney. Absolutely addictive and taste amazing.Serve it at your party, and there won’t be any left!
1.5 cup Bengal Gram/ Chana Daal
3/4 cup Yellow lentil/ Moong daal
6 Green Chili/ Hari Mirch
1 tbsp Ginger/ Adrak
2.5 tbsp Curry Leaves Chopped
4 tbsp Fresh Coriander/ Hra Dhaniya
4 tbsp Raw Mango Chopped
1.5 tsp Cumin Seed/ Jeera
15 Pepper corn/ Kali Mirch
1.5 tsp Fennel Seeds/ Saunf
1/2 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
To Taste Salt
1/2 tsp Baking soda
* Wash and soak both the lentils seperately for approx.3 hours.
* Take out half cup soaked bengal gram and keep aside.
* Now drain water and mix both the lentils
* Take lentils in the mixer jar add 1 t.s curry leaves, green chilli and ginger and grind coarsly
* Now add fennel seeds,curry leaves and pepper corns and pulse(crush) again for few seconds,add just 1-2 tbls of water to make a thick mixture.
* Take the mixture in a bowl, add the soaked chana daal, cumin seeds,fresh coriander, chopped curry leaves,chopped raw mango, asafoetida,salt and baking soda.
* Mix the lentil mixture well, grease your palm,and take a small portion from the mixture and make a slightly flat tikki.
* Deep fry in hot oil on medium heat and when become golden and crisp then drain on a paper napkin.
* Serve hot with coconut chutney or mint chutney.