Recipe- Make Your Kids Happy With Homemade Imli Ki Goli
By: Kratika Mon, 03 May 2021 9:16 PM
Tamarind Candy or Imli Ki Goli is a type of candy made from the fruit of the tamarind tree. Tamarind candy is often described as being chewy, and Tamarind Candy is normally sold in small containers with each piece rolled in sugar. Tamarind tree normally grows in tropical locations such as Africa, India, and parts of Asia. The tamarind tree is also common in Mexico and some parts of South America. Tamarind candy is known for having a sweet and sour taste, and it may be found most often in specialty food stores that carry items from a variety of different countries.
½ cup Deseeded Ripe Tamarind
¾ cup Grated Jaggery or Brown Sugar
¼ tsp Red Chili Powder
¼ tsp Salt
1 tbsp Roasted Cumin Seeds Powder
Pinch of Hing/Asafoetida (optional)
Sugar for Rolling (coating)
* Blend the ripe tamarind in a blender and make coarse mixture. Use coffee beans or spices blender.
* Remove it into the mixing bowl. Add grated jaggery, red chili powder, cumin seed powder, salt and mix it well.
* Place the mixture bowl into a microwave and warmup for 30-45 seconds.
* Remove it from the microwave, mix it again using your hand and make sticky dough.
* Now make small ball from the dough, then roll it into the sugar and coat it.
* Use same process for remaining mixture and make more balls from it.
* Tamarind candy is ready, store it into an airtight jar…. and enjoy.