Recipe- Mexican Style Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
By: Kratika Wed, 12 Jan 2022 4:55 PM
Taco stuffed zucchini boats are a healthy, veggie-forward, Mexican-inspired meal. They’re light and fresh, yet surprisingly filling. You’ll definitely go back for seconds on this recipe!Zucchini boats are always a crowd favorite and since I’ve been on a Mexican theme lately with my carne asada, barbacoa, and carnitas, I figured I’d make these taco stuffed zucchini boats.
4 large zucchini
1 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ cup sour cream
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 lime, to squeeze on top
* Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Heat a large skillet on medium heat and add the ground beef. Use your spatula to break up the beef.
* Add the spices, stir to combine, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until browned.
* While the ground beef is cooking, slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the insides.
* Place the zucchini on a parchment-lined baking tray and fill with the ground beef. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven, or until the tops are browned and the zucchini is slightly softened.
* Remove the stuffed zucchini from the oven and drizzle with sour cream, a sprinkle of diced tomatoes and green onions, a few slices of avocado,some fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice.