Recipe- Most Loved Breakfast Masala Omelette
By: Kratika Sat, 19 June 2021 7:45 PM
Our family enjoys eggs and we eat them on a regular basis. A version of the basic omelette that is much loved in our home is, Masala omelette. Makes for a quick breakfast and a filling one at that. If you are looking for a refreshing change from the monotonous omelette routine, try out today’s omelette recipe. The Indian style of making the basic omelette includes the use of turmeric powder, onions and green chilies. I have gone one step further, threw in some vegetables and a pinch of garam masala. It changes the flavor profile of the masala omelette by leaps and bounds. You have to try it to believe it.
Shallots 4, finely chopped (small onions of 4 tbsp of chopped white onions)
Green chilies 2, finely minced
Milk 2 tbsps
Capsicum 4 tbsps, finely minced (optional)
Carrot 4 tbsps, finely minced (optional)
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves 2 tbsps, finely chopped
Oil 2 tbsp (or butter)
* Beat the eggs till frothy. Add the rest of the ingredients except the oil and whisk well.
* Drizzle oil in a pan, allow it to heat up. Once hot, reduce flame, add half of the egg mixture and swirl it around the pan.
* Cook on low to medium flame till the sides are cooked and the underside is slightly browned. The center will appear uncooked and liquid-y. Its fine.
* Slowly flip over and cook the other side for about 10-12 seconds.
* Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve with bread or buns.