Recipe- Most Popular Indian Breakfast, Indori Poha
By: Kratika Tue, 13 Apr 2021 4:41 PM
Indori Poha or Indori Pohe, is one of the most popular street food of Indore, Madhya Pradesh. Indori Poha is an easy-to-cook, light and nutritious snack. Indori Poha is super tasty and easy to make. Indori Poha is an Indore’s popular breakfast. Indori Poha is sweet, sour and salty served with sev and onions on it, which tastes delicious.
2 cup Thick Poha/Flatten Rice
1 Medium Sized Onion Chopped
2-3 Green Chilis Chopped
¼ cup Peanuts
½ cup Boiled Fresh Green Peas (optional)
½ tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp Jeeravan Masala (see tips below the recipe)
1 tsp Sugar
1 Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Oil
¼ tsp Mustard Seeds
½ tsp Cumin Seeds
½ tsp Fennel Seeds
¼ tsp Hing
¼ cup Chopped Onion
1 cup Indori Sev or Tikhi Sev
½ Pomegranate Arils
Chopped Coriander Leaves
* In a big bowl or colander, add poha, rinse it gently, just stir or swirl with fingers and drain all the water and keep aside for 2-3 mins.
* Now sprinkle some turmeric powder, salt, sugar and lemon juice over the soaked poha, mix it lightly with spoon and keep aside.
* Heat oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, Fennel seeds, once it starts spluttering add pinch of hing.
* Then add the peanuts and sauté it for a few seconds. Add onion, green chilies and stir fry it. Once the onion becomes slightly golden brown, add boiled green peas and mix it well.
* Now add the prepared poha mixture, mix it lightly and cover the lid for 2 mins on low flame.
* Remove the lid, sprinkle jeeravan masala, add ¼ cup of Indori sev and chopped coriander leaves, Indori poha is ready for serving.
* Garnish it with some chopped onion, sev, pomegranate arils, coriander leaves and serve fresh and enjoy.