Recipe- Mouthwatering Apple Cinnamon Muffins
By: Kratika Sat, 19 June 2021 7:44 PM
I hope you are having a great holiday season. Baked a batch of Apple cinnamon muffins that have stolen the hearts of my family members. The aroma of cinnamon and the flavor of apple and chocolate chips make the muffins a special, tasty, homemade treat. And they taste best when slightly warm.
2 cups flour (maida)
2 medium sized apples, cored, peeled and chopped (toss in 2 tbsps sugar that is mixed with a 1/4 tsp cinnamon)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 tsps cinnamon pwd
1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
3/4 cup low fat milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
* Preheat oven 200 degrees C and place the oven rack in the middle of the oven.
* In a large bowl combine the flour, baking pwd and cinnamon pwd. Use a whisk to combine. Set aside.
* Mix in the brown sugar and lightly beaten eggs.
* Add melted butter and mix until well combined.
* Add 3-4 additions of flour alternating with milk and ending with flour. Just mix till the flour is combined in the batter. Do not over beat.
* Fold in the chocolate chips and diced apple (that has been tossed in cinnamon sugar).
* Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin liners till three-fourths full. Bake for about 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
* Place on a wire rack to cool and remove muffins from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.