Recipe- Mouthwatering Chicken Lasagna
By: Kratika Mon, 29 Nov 2021 2:28 PM
This white sauce Chicken Lasagna is so satisfying with layers of lasagna noodles and tender chicken in a creamy spinach sauce. Just like our Classic Lasagna, this white lasagna reheats really well, making it perfect for meal planning. Make it and you will get recipe requests.There are 4 main components to a creamy white chicken lasagna: lasagna noodles, a simple bechamel spinach sauce, and a ricotta cheese sauce. Don’t forget the chicken!
Chicken Lasagna Ingredients
9 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, or cooked from 2 lbs chicken breast
Spinach Cream Sauce
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
4 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 1/2 cups half and half, (or equal parts of heavy cream and milk)
5 oz fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
Ricotta Cheese Sauce
15 oz ricotta
1 large egg
1/4 cup parsley
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
3 cups mozzarella cheese, 12 oz by weight, divided (reserve 1 cup for topping)
* Preheat oven to 375˚F. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water until al dente according to package instructions then drain hot water and add cold water to the pot to stop the cooking process and prevent noodles from sticking together. Shred 4 cups of chicken.
Make the Belachamel (Spinach Sauce):
* Place a pot or large saucepan over medium heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and saute onions for 3-4 minutes or until softened. Add 4 Tbsp butter and whisk in 1/3 cup flour. Continue whisking 3 minutes or until flour mixture is golden.
* Add 2 1/2 cups chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups half and half, 2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Whisk until smooth and simmer 5 minutes until thickened to a light gravy consistency.
* Add minced garlic and chopped spinach, and stir to combine then remove from heat.
Make the Ricotta Cheese Sauce
* In a large bowl, whisk together: ricotta, egg, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup parmesan, and 1/4 cup parsley.
To Assemble Chicken Lasagna
* Add a little bechamel sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish, add 3 noodles, Add 1/2 ricotta sauce, 1/2 shredded chicken then ladle 1/3 of spinach sauce over the chicken.
* Add 3 noodles, 1/2 ricotta cheese, 1/2 shredded chicken, and 1/3 spinach sauce
* Add 3 noodles, remaining 1/3 sauce, and sprinkle on reserved 1 cup cheese.
* Cover and Bake: Arrange 10-12 toothpicks over the top to keep the foil from touching the cheese then cover with a large sheet of foil.
* Bake on the center rack in a preheated oven at 375˚F for 45 minutes then uncover and broil 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese. Rest at least 10 minutes uncovered before slicing.