Recipe- Mouthwatering Turkey Kebabs
By: Pinki Fri, 07 Oct 2022 7:25:45
Kebabs are great whether it be for a starter or as a snack and these lovely little turkey kebabs are just perfect. They are wonderfully moist and taste simply delicious.
500g turkey mince
1 medium onion, minced
¼ green pepper, finely diced
¼ red pepper, finely diced
handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin seeds, ground
1 tbsp corn flour
1 tsp pink salt (or chaat masala)
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
- Blitz the onion in a blender until fine (not paste) or dice very finely.
- Mix together the turkey, onion, peppers, coriander, all the spices and corn flour. Combine it together with your hands if it feels too wet add a little more cornflour.
- Refrigerate it for and hour or so, meanwhile soak your wooden skewers.
- Form the mixture into flat oval shapes in your hands about 1-2cm thick. Hold the meat flat on your hand and thread the skewer into the meat and place on a plate. This should make 8-10 skewers. (You can refrigerate the mixture again if it becomes too loose and hard to work with).
- Refrigerate the kebabs until you are ready to cook them.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and gently pick up the meat (not the skewer) of a kebab. Place it in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden.