Recipe- Perfect For Summers Nimbu Shikanji Sharbat
By: Kratika Thu, 26 May 2022 1:28 PM
Shikanji is a popular Indian drink made using fresh lemon juice that is spiced up with a unique blend of masala and served chilled. This is a tangy, sweet vegan and gluten-free refreshing drink.
Shikanji also known as Shikanjvi, Shikanjbi and Shikanjbeen is a lemon-based drink originating in the northern part of India. Unlike lemonade, Shikanji contains ingredients such as black salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder, coriander powder etc.
Juice of 3 lemons
3 tablespoon powdered sugar
1 teaspoon black salt
1/2 teaspoon table salt (adjust as per taste)
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
2 glasses of chilled water or club soda
Handful coarsely pounded mint leaves (optional)
- Take a mixing bowl and squeeze juice of 3 lemons into it.
- Add powderd sugar.
- Add salt and black salt.
- Add the cumin & coriander powder and mix well.
- Now add chilled water or you may also add club soda. Mix well so that the spices and sugar is nicely combined with the lemon juice.
- If you want add coarsely pounded mint leaves and ice cubes.
- Nimbu Shikanji – Indian Style Lemonade is ready.
- Transfer into serving glass and serve chilled.