Recipe- Perfect Sweet For Any Occasion Is Milk Barfi
By: Pinki Fri, 22 Jan 2021 2:37 PM
Milk Barfi or Milk Powder Burfi is a super delicious, easy to make, melt in mouth Indian sweet or fudge recipe prepared using 5 ingredients in less than 30 minutes. One of the best gluten free, no bake dessert.
1/3 cup Ghee, or Brown Butter
1 cup Whole Milk
3 cups Milk Powder
3/4 cup Fine sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tbsp Almonds or Badam Chopped for garnish
* Heat ghee in a pan. If you are using butter, heat till it melts and becomes light golden in color.
* Add whole milk and bring it to boil on low flame. Keep stirring to prevent it from burning at the bottom.
* Once you see the milk start bubbling add the milk powder in increments of 3/4 cup and keep whisking while adding so that there are no lumps.
* Continue stirring this on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
* Add sugar and mix everything together. Continuously keep stirring on low flame for exactly 10 minutes till the mixture forms like a ball or dough and ghee starts separating from the pan. (Check tips)
* Add cardamom powder, mix and switch off the flame.
* Transfer this mixture to a greased plate or pan. Smooth with back of spoon or spatula.
* Garnish with nuts and press gently with spatula. Let this set for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Once it sets cut them into desired shape.
* Milk Burfis or Barfis are now ready. Store in air tight container for 5 days or in refrigerator upto 2 weeks.