Recipe- Potato And Vegetable Cutlets
By: Pinki Wed, 10 Feb 2021 1:05 PM
Crispy Veg Cutlet are Indian tea time snack made using a variety of vegetables. These are mostly fried until crisp and browned but you can definitely bake or air fry or bake them for a healthier version. Here is how to make it.
Mixed vegetables-1 cup
Boiled potato-1 cup
Bread crumbs-2 tbls+1cup
Ginger paste-1 t.s
Chilli powder-1 t.s
Green coriander-2 tbls
Garam masala-1/4 t.s
Grated Coconut -2tbls
Hung curd-2 tbls
* Heat 2 t.s oil in a pan,add ginger paste ,sauté for a while
* Now add finely chopped vegetables,pinch of turmeric and 1/2 cup water and cook till vegetables become soft and water evaporates,
* Then add salt ,garam masala and chilli powder.mix and keep aside to cool.
* When mixture cooled completely add grated potato,2 tbls bread crumb and green coriander .mix well and make lemon size balls from the mixture.
* Take a pan ,heat 1 tbls oil and put mustard ,let it crackle,then add chopped green chillies and curry leaves and fry for few seconds,and then take out in a mixing bowl.
* Add hung curd,pinch of salt and grated coconut,mix well
* Take a vegetable ball ,flatten it and spoon the curd mixture into it and close the ball and shape into hear
* In a bowl, mix flour ,pinch of salt , pinch of black pepper and 1 cup of water and mix properly to make a smooth batter
* Dip the hearts in the batter and roll into bread crumbs.
* Heat oil in a pan and deep fry hearts on medium heat till golden in colour.serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.