Recipe- Quick And Easy Bread Upma
By: Kratika Tue, 24 May 2022 3:58 PM
Bread upma is an Indian snack recipe made using leftover bread. This is a quick and easy vegan recipe.
Bread upma is known by several names such as pavacha sheera, phodnihca pav, bread poha, bread sheera, pav upma to name a few. Here Pav means bread. Bread upma is one of the quickest, tasty, and easy-to-make recipes that is best served with a hot cup of tea or coffee. This makes a perfect option for breakfast or evening snacks.
6 Laadi Pav or 1 Pack of Slice Bread
1 Big Onion finely chopped
6-8 Curry Leaves
1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
1/2 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
1/4th teaspoon Hing (Asafoetida)
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
2 teaspoon Red Chilli Powder
1 teaspoon Sugar
Salt to taste
1 tablespoon Oil
1/2 cup Coriander Leaves finely chopped
- Tear small pieces of bread by hand, cover and keep aside.
- In a saucepan/kadhai heat oil, add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add cumin seeds and let them turn golden brown. Now add hing (asafoetida), curry leaves.
- Mix the tempering and finely chopped onions.
- Saute onions till they are tender.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and mix well.
- Add bread along with salt and a teaspoon of sugar and mix everything.
- If you feel the bread has gone too hard then sprinkle a little water over it. (normally try to avoid)
- Cover the lid for 2-3 minutes and let the bread get nicely infused with the spices. Stir occasionally in between.
- Lastly, add finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
- This bread upma – savoury bread bites goes best with tea or coffee by the side.
- Children like to enjoy them with ketchup by the side.