Recipe- Quick To Prepare Capsicum Rice
By: Kratika Wed, 09 June 2021 7:40 PM
Capsicum Rice is a very easy and delicious rice recipe. This capsicum rice can also be made by using left over rice. You can make it for main course or pack in lunch boxes. It can be made in just 15 minutes if you have already cooked steamed rice or left over rice.If you don’t have leftover rice then make rice you normally make and then spread in a plate to cool down. When the rice come to room temperature then use it to make capsicum rice.
2.5 cup Cooked Rice/ Steamed Rice
1.5 cup Bell Peppers / Capsicum / Shimla Mirch chopped
To Taste Salt / Namak
1 tsp vangi bhath masala
3/4 tsp Chili flakes /Kuti hui laal mirch
1 tsp Ginger / Adrak chopped
2 tbsp Fresh Mint / Hara Pudina chopped
1.5 tsp Lemon Juice / Nimbu Ka Ras
1/3 tsp Turmeric Powder / Haldi Powder optional
3/4 tsp Cumin Seeds / Sabut Jeera
2 Green Cardamom / Hari Elaichi
10 Curry Leaves / Kadi Patta
2 Green chilies/Hari Mirch Chopped
3 tbsp Cooking oil or ghee
1.5 tbsp Cashew Nuts / Kaju
1/3 inch Cinnamon /daalchini
* Heat ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add cumin,cardamom, cinnamon,cashew and roast till cumin start crackling.
* Now add chopped green chilies , curry leaves and stir few few seconds.
* Add chopped ginger and turmeric powder and stir then add the chopped bell peppers.
* Cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes.
* Now add salt and the rest of the spices and saute for a minute.
* Add rice ,mint leaves and mix gently , cover with a lid and cook for 2-3 minutes.
* Open the lid add lemon juice and chopped mint, fresh coriander and mix.
* Serve hot with raita ,curd or mint chutney.