Recipe- Street Style Idli Chilli
By: Kratika Fri, 27 May 2022 3:36 PM
Idli Chilli is a delicious Indo-Chinese fusion dish in which leftover Idlis are fried and tossed in spicy, sweet, tangy sauces along with few herbs and vegetables and garnished with crunchy spring onion greens.
Idli Chilli is a popular street style desi fusion recipe which is popular mainly in South India.
7-8 nos. Leftover Idlis
2 tablespoon Garlic finely chopped
2 tablespoon Ginger finely chopped
2-3 Green Chilies cut length wise
1 Onion, cut in cubes and layers separated
1/2 Green Capsicum cut in cubes
2 tablespoon Red Chilli Sauce
2 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon Soya Sauce
1 tablespoon Vinegar
1 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
Salt if needed
1 teaspoon Sugar
1/4th cup Spring onions finely chopped
2 tablespoon Oil for cooking
Oil for frying Idli
- Cut idlis into cubes and deep fry till they turn nice brown & crisp.
- In a bowl add sauces, red chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar, soya sauce and mix well. Keep this mixture aside.
- In a non-stick pan or wok, heat oil and add finely chopped garlic, ginger & green chillies.
- Sauté till raw smell of garlic fades away. Do not brown the garlic.
- Add onions and capsicum and sauté on high flame for 2 minutes.
- Now add sugar, black pepper powder, sauces that we mixed in the bowl and salt if needed.
- Add fried idlis and mix well. If the mixture is too dry sprinkle little water and cook for a minute on high flame.
- Now add finely chopped spring onions and toss gently. Keep some for garnishing.
- Desi Chinese Style Idli Chilli is ready.
- Garnish with some spring onions and serve hot as a snack or as an starter for your meal.