Recipe- Street Style Lilva Kachori For House Party
By: Kratika Mon, 03 May 2021 10:35 PM
Lilva Kachori is a perfect snack for a party. Lilva Kachori is healthy, protein booster, nutritious and tasty at the same time. I made backed Lilva Kachori rather than deep fried, which is healthier than deep fried. Lilva Kachori is perfect for celebrations or any occasions like Diwali, Holi or Eid festival to celebrate healthier way.
The one black spot that usually mars the goodness of kachoris is that they are deep-fried. Here is a non-fried version of Lilva Kachori that you’re sure to enjoy as much as the original. You can now indulge in the protein boost of Lilva and green peas without worrying about the calories of a deep-fried snack!
1 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
1-2 tbsp Semolina/Suji
1-2 tbsp Chickpeas Flour/Besan
2-3 tbsp Ghee/Oil
1 cup Frozen or Fresh Lilva/Pigeon Peas
½ cup Frozen or Fresh Green Peas
¼ cup Fresh or Frozen Grated Coconut
1-inch Ginger Piece
2-3 Green Chilies Chopped
¼ cup Chopped Coriander Leaves
1 Lemon Juice
¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
½ tsp Red Chili Powder
1 tsp Coriander Seeds Powder
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Fennel Seeds
1 tsp Sugar
2 tbsp Oil
Oil/Ghee for Brushing
* In a mixing bowl, add flour, suji, besan, salt and melted ghee. Rub the mixture with hand palms and mix it well.
* Add water little by little, knead it and make a stiff but smooth dough, do not knead the dough too much.
* Make the small lemon size balls from the dough and cover it with damp cloth and keep aside.
* In a food processor jar, add pigeon peas, green peas, coconut, ginger, green chilies, coriander leaves, salt, sugar and lemon juice. Blend it and make a coarse mixture.
* Heat the oil in a kadhai. Add cumin seeds, hing, the prepared coarse mixture, red chili powder, turmeric, coriander powder and stir fry it for 1-2 mins.
* Remove it from the flame and keep aside to cool down.
* Preheat an oven on 350F/180C.
* Take the prepared dough ball and roll it into small circle. Use a drop of oil if its sticking while rolling.
* Put the spoon full of the prepared stuffing on center of the circle.
* Seal the edges on top, remove the excess dough, give a round shape by rolling between the palm and make a perfect round ball to make a round kachori.
* Repeat the same method and make more round kachoris.
* Line the parchment paper on baking sheet, arrange the prepared kachoris over it, brush it with oil or ghee and place the baking sheet into the preheated oven.
* Bake it 18-20 mins till golden brown.
* Check while baking and turn upside down one time to bake all sides.
* Lilva Kachori is ready. Serve it with chutney, tea as a snack and enjoy.