Recipe- Summer Special Mango Burfi
By: Kratika Sat, 17 Apr 2021 5:38 PM
Burfi/Peda is the most popular khoya based sweet all over India and Mango Burfi or Mango Peda is one of the variation. Mango Barfi is a delicious Indian recipe served as a desserts. There are so many different varieties of burfi like nut burfi, chocolate burfi, coconut burfi, saffron burfi, but mango burfi is in my top list. We can use readymade Khoya and mango pulp makes the job simpler and faster. During mango season, we prepare so many dishes of mangos. Mango burfi is one amongst them. These are liked very much by all at my home. A delicious Indian Dessert make with mango pulp to create a rich dessert which is enjoyed at various festivals.
2-3 Ripened Mango/2 cup Mango Pulp
¾ cup Sugar
1 ½ cup (250 grams) Mawa/Khoya/Milk Solid
½ cup Milk
½ tsp Cardamom Powder
½ cup Milk Powder
¼ Cup Finely Chopped Pistachios/Almonds for Garnishing
Few Saffron Threads for Garnishing
Edible Silver Paper/Chandi Warq (optional)
* Peel and Chop the Mangos, blend it with sugar and make a puree, keep aside.
* Take a pan, crumble the mawa in it and roast it on low flame for 2 minutes.
* Add milk and stir it till mixture starts leaving the pan and forms a soft dough, remove it in a bowl and keep aside.
* In the same pan pour the prepared mango pulp, stir it continuously for 10-15 minutes or till it becomes thick on the medium flame, then add cardamom powder and mix well.
* Turn on the low flame. Add mawa and mix it well completely and stir it.
* Switch off the flame and let it be little cool. Add milk powder and mix well, your mixture is ready.
* Now spread it on greased plate. Let it be cool completely to set and then