Recipe- Welcome Weekend With Paneer Popcorn
By: Sandeep Thu, 26 Dec 2019 3:57 PM
The recipe for paneer popcorn is extremely simple as compared to it fancy name.
11 cubes paneer / cottage cheese
¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
½ tsp pepper crushed
½ tsp mixed herbs
salt to taste
¼ cup corn flour
¼ tsp pepper crushed
1 cup breadcrumbs
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup water
oil for deep frying
* Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 11 cubes paneer.
* Add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp pepper, ½ tsp mixed herbs and ¼ tsp salt.
* Mix well making sure all the spices are coated well to paneer.
* Now prepare corn flour paste by taking ¼ cup corn flour, ¼ tsp pepper and ¼ tsp salt in a small bowl.
* Add ¼ cup water and prepare smooth lump free batter.
* Now dip marinated paneer into corn flour batter.
* Further, roll into breadcrumbs coating all the sides.
* Dip the coated paneer again into cornflour batter and coat with breadcrumbs (double coating)
* Deep fry in hot oil or bake at 180-degree celsius for 12 minutes.
* Stir occasionally, keeping the flame on medium.
* Fry till the paneer turns golden brown and crisp.
* Finally, drain over a kitchen towel and serve paneer popcorn with tomato sauce.