Recipe- Addict To Nutella? Try Frozen Nutella Chocolate Mousse Pie
By: Sandeep Tue, 28 Jan 2020 6:12 PM
This frozen nutella chocolate mousse pie has two layers. The bottom layer is a dense and rich chocolate cream and the top layer is a light and creamy nutella mousse.
18 full Oreo cookies no need to remove creme
4 tablespoons butter melted
1 cup milk chocolate chips
2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup full-fat vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup hot water
1 cups and 1/2 milk chocolate chips
2 cups heavy cream very cold
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup Nutella
Optional: chocolate bar
* Lightly grease the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. In a blender or food processor, blend the oreos until they resemble fine crumbs. Mix in the melted butter and then press into the bottom of the springform pan.
* Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in bursts of 15 seconds. Microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds, microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds or until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. It is important to be patient and microwave it slowly to avoid burning your chocolate.
* Once it is completely melted and smooth, set aside and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes. (This is very important so the chocolate doesn't chunk up when added to the cool ingredients so don't skip.)
* In another bowl, stir together the cocoa powder, Greek yogurt (must use full fat), sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
* Add in the melted and cooled melted chocolate and mix until completely smooth and creamy. Pour over the crust. Place in the freezer while working on the top layer.
* In a bowl with a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla until it reaches hard/stiff peaks.
* Once again, in another bowl, melt the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in bursts of 15 seconds. Microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds, microwave 15 seconds, stir 15 seconds or until the chocolate is smooth and creamy. Again, allow to sit for 10-15 minutes.
* In the same bowl used for the bottom layer, whisk together the cocoa powder and hot water until smooth.
* Add the nutella to the cooled off melted chocolate and mix well. Add to the cocoa powder mixture and mix until smooth and creamy. Beat with hand mixers if needed to get a super smooth chocolate.
* Stir in the whipped heavy cream mixture until completely combined.
* Pour over evenly on top of the bottom layer and smooth the top with a spatula.
* Cover tightly and freeze for 8-10 hours or until completely frozen.
* If desired, use a vegetable peeler to "peel" a chocolate bar and create chocolate curls to decorate the cake with.
* Return any leftovers immediately to the freezer.