Summer Recipe- Seasonal Cauliflower Cashew Mango Curry
By: Pinki Wed, 01 July 2020 09:29 AM
Use the fresh sweet mangoes in season to make this Cauliflower Cashew Mango Curry!
It’s has the sweetness of mangoes, the creaminess of coconut milk and the crunch from cashews. This might well be your new favorite curry.It’s also vegan and gluten-free and can be made in your Instant Pot or stove-top.
Mango season is in full swing and as usual my house is filled with mangoes.
2 cups (heaping) cauliflower florets 1-inch each, from around 1/2 head of a medium size cauliflower
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon garam masala divided
1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons oil divided, I used avocado oil
2 tablespoons whole raw cashews
1/2 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 inch ginger finely chopped
1 whole dried red chili broken
1 green chili sliced, or add more to taste
8-10 curry leaves
1 cup mango puree use fresh, from 2 large sweet mangoes
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder or to taste
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2-3/4 teaspoon salt adjust to taste
1 teaspoon sugar optional, use only if mangoes aren't very sweet
pinch cinnamon powder
1 cup coconut milk I used full fat from can
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
3-4 teaspoons lemon juice
* Toss the cauliflower florets in 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika and 1/8 teaspoon garam masala. Set aside.
* Press the saute button on IP. Once it displays hot, add 1 tablespoon oil and then add the cashews. Roast the cashews for 1-2 minutes until golden brown from both sides. Remove on a plate.
* To the same pot now add the cauliflower. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often until brown from both sides. Remove on a plate.
* To the same pot now add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and let the mustard seeds pop and cumin seeds sizzle.
* Make sure there's nothing stuck at the bottom of the pot after sauteing the cauliflower. If there is, first add 1-2 teaspoon water and deglaze the pot. Wipe clean and then add the oil.
* Then add the chopped ginger, dried red chili and sliced green chili. Saute for a minute until ginger starts changing color.
* Then add the curry leaves and stir. Remember it will splutter a lot when you add the curry leaves so move aside after adding them.
* Then add the mango puree. Also add 1/2 cup water along with the mango puree.
* Add the garam masala, red chili powder, turmeric, salt, sugar (if using) and cinnamon powder. Stir.
* Stir in the coconut milk and mix. Add sauteed cauliflower on top. Don't stir and close the pot with its lid.
* Press the manual or pressure cook button. Use the adjust or pressure level button to set pressure to "low". Cook on low pressure for 3 minutes, with the pressure valve in the sealing position. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
* Open the pot and add the cilantro and the lemon juice and mix.
* Transfer cauliflower mango curry into serving bowl, garnish with the roasted cashews and more cilantro. Serve warm with rice, quinoa, couscous.