Recipe- Taste Of Delicousness Crispy Paneer Fingers
By: Kratika Wed, 23 Nov 2022 11:45:59
A bit of a switch up on the usual Indian pakora made with a gram flour batter. This recipe uses panko breadcrumbs, spices and a little egg wash to coat the paneer and then fried until golden and crispy. These turn out to be super crunchy on the outside, yet soft and spicy inside. I think these are lovely as a little starter or as a fun little finger food snack.
Dunk into a delicious mint chutney or my tangy tomato chutney for a taste of delicousness.
500g block of paneer
100g plain flour
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
½ tsp salt
1 tsp chaat masala
½ tsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp milk
200g panko breadcrumbs
- Mix the flour with all the ingredients for the dusting.
- Cut the paneer into thick fingers or into 4 squares.
- Dust in the seasoned flour.
- Make the egg wash by mixing the egg with the milk.
- Coat the seasoned paneer with the egg wash.
- Shake and coat in more of the flour and then in the egg again.
- Coat with the breadcrumbs and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Heat oil in a pan and pan fry until crisp all over.
- Serve with green chutney or tomato chutney.