Valentine's Day Treat: Easy Dried Cherry Scones
By: Pinki Sat, 10 Feb 2024 1:09:47
Looking for a yummy treat to share on Valentine's Day? Try our simple recipe for Dried Cherry Scones. These soft scones with dried cherries are great for breakfast, brunch, or a cozy tea time. You'll only need a few ingredients and little effort to make these tasty scones for your loved ones.
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
1/2 cup of dried cherries
3/4 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Optional: extra cream for brushing, coarse sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the cold butter pieces to the dry ingredients and use your fingers or a pastry cutter to mix until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the dried cherries.
- In another bowl, mix the heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the cream mixture to the dry ingredients, stirring until the dough comes together.
- Put the dough on a floured surface and gently knead a few times until it forms a ball.
- Flatten the dough into a circle about 1 inch thick, then cut it into 8 wedges.
- Put the scones on the baking sheet.
- Optional: Brush the tops with extra cream and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until they're golden brown.
- Let them cool a bit before serving.
Use cold butter and handle the dough gently for flakier scones.
You can swap the dried cherries for other dried fruits or nuts.
Serve warm with cream, jam, or lemon curd.