Recipe- Make Your Valentines Day Sweeter With Peanut Butter Brownies
By: Pinki Fri, 14 Feb 2020 4:06 PM
Get ready to meet your new favorite brownie! Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies have a traditional chocolate brownie base, then wow you with a layer of peanut butter, Rice Krispies and even more chocolate!They start out innocently enough with a delicious brownie base, but do not be fooled, these are no ordinary brownie. There are a lot of flavors and textures going on here, and once you layer the peanut butter and melted chocolate with rice krispie cereal, you won’t be able to contain yourself. We are smitten over these brownies, and you will be too!
5 tablespoons salted butter melted
3 ounces baking chocolate melted
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon butter melted
1 cup rice krispie cereal
* Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9×9 glass pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
* In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to mix together melted butter, melted chocolate, and sugar.
* Add in the eggs, and vanilla and mix until combined.
* Add in salt, baking powder, and flour and mix until just combined.
* Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
* Remove from oven and spread peanut butter on top. Let cool 1 hour.
* In a microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt chocolate chips with butter in 15 second increments in the microwave, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
* Stir in rice krispie cereal.
* Spread chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter layer.
* Transfer pan to the fridge and allow to cool completely until set, about 30 minutes.