11 Most Common Beauty Problems Every Girl Faces And Their Solution
By: Kratika Fri, 26 Feb 2021 7:50 PM
In this era of fast life, we ignore self-pampering sessions and become victim of so many beauty problems. Starting from head to toe, these problems are innumerable and can’t be listed down in just a few points.
Still, I have tried my best and jotted down a list of most common beauty problems every girl faces. This is high time now and we must delve and look into their plausible solutions as well. For better understanding, I have categorised into skin and hair care problems. Now, let’s get started with the list.
# Hair Loss (Aloepecia)
When I talk about hair problems, the very thing that comes to my mind is hair loss. Well, it is the most devastating truth that almost every girl at some point of time in her life has lost those lustrous locks. This could be due to various reasons like stress, hormonal imbalance, genetic disorders, dandruff, thyroid problems, wrong diet plans, and pollution and sometimes even due to chemical treatments. Gone are those when applying pure coconut oil could sort out this hair loss problem.
- Apply coconut oil or any other good herbal oil at least twice or thrice a week. Leave it for an hour and then rinse off with water. This will ensure that your hair strands remain strong and healthy.
- If you have thyroid problems, then just using beauty problems is not going to help. You must visit a doctor and get suitable remedies.
- Intake of proper food which ensures balanced diet comprising of all vitamins and minerals is also mandatory.
- Avoid heat treatments and styling your hair frequently. Chemical treatments damage the hair and make them weak.
- Look for your proper hair type and spend on a good shampoo and conditioner that suits your hair. It would be better if you use products that are free from SLS and parabens.
- Taking proper vitamin supplements also help to regain back those lustrous locks and control hair loss.
# Frizzy Hair
This is another common hair problem which is faced by almost every girl. The main reason of this is dehydration. Dehydrated hair strands tend to get frizzy because they are devoid of proper moisture and natural oils. If your hair contains the right amount of moisture, then it will stop being frizzy and will become shiny and bouncy again.
- Use honey and milk to form a smooth paste. Apply this onto your hair. This will moisturise the strands and keep the pH level balanced.
- Investing on a good serum is also mandatory. Before you go outside, always massage hair serum onto your strands. This will keep them tangle free for long.
- If you hair is prone to dryness, use a good conditioner after shampooing your hair. This will make your hair frizz-free and more manageable.
Like I already said, one major cause for hairfall is dandruff. It is not only irritating but it also quite embarrassing when you are among people. Dandruff is of two types: sticky and dry. These white flakes stick to the hair roots and destroy one self-confidence.
- Make a mask from fenugreek powder and lemon juice and use it twice a week. This pack is natural and provides anti-fungal properties that will help to keep dandruff away.
- Buy a proper anti-dandruff shampoo and conditioner for your dandruff prone hair.
- Prepare a mask with baking soda and tea-tree oil. This mask eliminates dryness, itchiness and controls dandruff.
- You can also use water-based anti-dandruff solutions if you don’t feel like using these masks.
# Split Ends
This type of hair problem is associated with damage-prone hair. It happens when the outermost protective layer of hair gets peeled off. Split ends can also occur from chemical treatments and using excessive styling products.
- The most basic solution is to go for hair trimming if you are facing split end problems.
- One must also avoid excessive chemical treatments and hair styling tools because they damage the ends of the hair.
- Always use a good hair serum and nourish the ends of your hair.
- Conditioning your hair with a good conditioner reduces hair damage and keeps split ends away.
- Apply a good hair mask wither home-made or bought from outside to thoroughly condition and nourish your hair. This will repair damaged hair and will control split ends.
# Dull Hair
Dull hair is another embarrassing hair problem that will make you looks older than your age and will take back your self confidence. It happens due to pollution, chemical treatments, environmental factors and also hormonal imbalances. Dull hair puts an impact on the hair’s cuticle and makes it look lifeless.
- Rinse your hair properly after shampooing.
- Condition your hair after shampooing. This will flatten the hair cuticle and make them look shinier.
- Buy a good hair clarifying shampoo and use it once or twice a week to build up the hair cuticle ad get back shiny strands.
- Use a good hair serum to get shiny and healthy locks.
- Make a home-made mask of eggs, almond oil and yoghurt and apply it on your hair and scalp. Eggs are rich in protein and almond is rich in vitamins. Both serve as a good way to revive lifeless hair.
# Breakouts and Acne
This is the most complained skin problem of all girls. Teenagers see a spurt in the rate of acne and pimples when they hit puberty. These facial bumps are very normal as we grow up but these put a negative impact on our confidence. The major reasons are increase in stress and hormonal imbalance, PMS, clogged up pores, bacterial infections and excessive oil production especially in typical oily skin girls.
- Follow the CTM routine religiously.
- Use proper cleanser, toner, moisturiser and sunscreen as per the skin needs.
- Wash the face with salicylic acid based face cleansers early in the morning. This will unclog pores.
- Use Neem pack and dilute it with rose water and apply it twice a week. This will keep acne at bay.
- Investing on tea-tree based products also works great for girls prone to acne.
- Apply makeup with clean tools and always use products that give a matte effect. It will reduce oil production and acne formation.
- Always remember to remove makeup before you sleep. Un-removed makeup becomes the centre place for acne and pimples.
- Use apple cider vinegar after dilution and apply it with a cotton ball. It has anti-bacterial properties which inhibits sedum production.
# Stretch Marks
This is another very common problem that is faced by every girl either early or later in life. Rapid weight gain or loss is responsible for this skin problem. During pregnancy, when the stretches to the point of breaking, skin develops pinkish or reddish grooves at the places of the body where fat accumulation is maximum like breasts, hips, thighs and upper arms. It looks quite annoying but such problems can still be treated with care and patience.
- The easiest way to treat them is when they look red and are very fresh. So, you can see a doctor then.
- If you want to go treatments at home, use creams and lotions that provide a good dose of hydration to stretch marks spots. Palmer products are great in fighting off stretch mark problems.
- If you can afford expensive solutions, then Fraxel Laser treatments are so great in treating stretch marks. It stimulates collagen and fills in elastin in the region of stretch marks.
# Ingrown Hair
This happens due to waxing or shaving. The razor cuts off the hair at a very sharp point that when they start to grow in, the hair follicles pierce the skin and curls growing back into the skin itself. These type of ingrown hair is very tough to remove with shaving and looks horrible.
- Gentle exfoliation with a good body scrub and slowly massaging the ingrown hair area with a loofah while putting a chemical exfoliator like salicylic acid. Simultaneously, this helps to get rid of ingrown hair.
- If the problem is not that fierce, just using a wash cloth with hot water and slowly warm compressing the ingrown hair also softens the skin and lets the ingrown hair make its way through it.
- If you want to get of ingrown hairs permanently, go for laser hair removal treatments. They are not very painful but will never cause any ingrown hair problem. But, yes before going for such treatments consult a doctor before.
# Tanned Skin
Tanning is one of the most disgusting beauty concerns that any girl hates to experience. In hot and humid country like India, skin tanning can occur on any exposed part of your body. It causes a visible darkening in skin complexion and gives you a dull skin tone.
- Always apply a good sunscreen with SPF in it as per your time of sun exposure before stepping out.
- Go for regular cleanups and facial treatments. They help in maintaining glowing skin.
- If you can’t afford frequent salon treatments, but de-tan packs and instant radiance masks to keeps skin tanning at bay.
- Chemical peeling and skin lightening treatments also work great if you can afford such treatments.
- Apply lemon juice on face as it has natural bleaching properties.
- Multani mitti or Fuller’s Earth is also very good in removing skin tan.
- Prepare a homemade mask of tomato and yoghurt. Tomato is a natural remover and helps to reduce pigmentation and blemishes.
# Dark Circles and Puffy Eyes
Most of us are victims of dark circles and puffy eyes. Stressful and unhealthy lifestyle is a root cause for this. Sometimes, genetic reasons also contribute in giving us dull and sunken eyes with darkness surrounding all over it.
- Use an orange corrector around the dark circle area. It neutralises discolorations and conceals dark circles very well.
- Regularly use eye creams enriched with Vitamin K before going to bed. This reduces the visible fatigue and gives fresh looking eyes on waking up.
- Put some frozen tea bags around your eyes, it will reduce dark circles and puffiness significantly.
- You can also put aloe vera gel around your eyes for cooling sensation and instant soothing.
- Refrigeration of eye gel and using it on the eye area reduces the size of blood vessels under eye area and makes them look cleaner and brighter.
- Avoid alcohol and adopt and healthy lifestyle.
# Wrinkles and Ageing Skin
As we grow older, wrinkles starts appearing all over our body and gives the image of an elderly grandmother. For girls who have oily skin, this problem comes much later. But if you have dry skin, ageing will hit you early and proper steps are needed to look youthful always.
- Incorporating a good night cream with healthy extracts in your skin care routine can help to slow down the process of ageing.
- Essential facial oils of lavender, pomegranate, rosemary or jojoba have skin enhancing benefits and help to protect skin from early damage. These oils are deeply moisturising and can fight off age spots and wrinkles.
- Antioxidants can arrest free radicals that are responsible for wrinkles. So, having food with high amount of antioxidants in them can slow down ageing process.
- Drink plenty of water and keep yourself hydrated. This will flush off unwanted toxins and reveal youthful skin.
- Avoid smoking or alcohol.
- Use moisturizing face masks to keep skin hydrated.
- Use a good sunscreen to prevent sun damage as sun exposure can speed up ageing process.
- Last but not the least, have plenty of sleep and live a healthy life.