3 Ways To Incorporate Essential Oils In Your Bathroom
By: Kratika Wed, 23 Nov 2022 10:10:19
Your bathroom is one of the most private spaces of your home. It plays a key role in the maintenance of your health and well-being.
Besides obviously providing your bathroom with incredible aromas, the use of essential oils can also be one of the simplest ways to make your bathroom into a sacred healing space that supports prevention of diseases, as well as enhance your emotional well-being. There three ways to incorporate essential oils in your bathroom.
# Eliminate Bad Odors
Let’s start with the best oils for eliminating bad odors. This is a combination of three essential oils. Any one oil is effective, yet the combined effect can be a powerhouse for getting rid of bad odor. Essential oils actually fracture odor molecules and destroy them, not just mask bad smells.
A strong germicide lemon is highly anti-infectious and has strong antibacterial properties. Its cleansing and purifying action provides your bathroom a clean, fresh, lemony fragrance.
* Cinnamon Leaf
Cinnamon oil has been produced in Sri Lanka for more than 2,000 years. Cinnamon leaf’s complex aroma is sweet, warm, radiant, pungent and spicy. Its tenacious scent will linger long after you spray. If you want just one essential oil for odor elimination this is it!
Most people can recognize the penetrating and pleasing scent of peppermint oil. Its aroma is invitingly fresh, sweet and minty. Perfect for creating a pleasing bathroom ambiance!
Aromatherapy Room Spray
- Half fill a 2 ounce colored glass misting bottle with fresh, purified or spring water.
- Add 30-40 drops each of peppermint, lemon, and cinnamon leaf.
- After adding, fill the misting bottle with water and screw on your atomizer top.
- Shake the bottle well to disperse the oils in water before each spray.
- Use as needed.
# Relaxation, Cleansing and Detoxification
Your bath tub is your best, least expensive resource (available in most homes) for relaxation, cleansing and detoxification. It is my favorite way to use essential oils internally.
Hippocrates, the Father of western medicine, said, “The way to health is to have an aromatic bath and scented massage every day.”
The warm bath water opens the pores of your skin. The oils are then rapidly absorbed into your body and enter your blood stream to reach all of your muscles, tissues and organs. Also, the essential oil vapors immediately trigger an electro-chemical response in your nervous system to promote relaxation and hormonal balance.
Cleansing And Detoxification Bath Recipe
- 1 cup Epsom salts (detoxifier, source of magnesium – which the body needs in abundant supply for many physiologic processes).
- 1 cup sea salt (natural source of minerals, helps balance electrolytes, helpful for boosting electrical charge of body and increasing energy levels).
- 1/2 cup baking soda (skin softener).
- Palmarosa 6-8 drops (balancing for all skin types, contains anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, high geraniol content which studies show aids hormonal balance).
- Rosemary 2-4 drops (ancient first aid oil of purification and healing, excellent for beauty and skin care, powerful restorative oil after long illness).
Mix all the salts and baking soda together then blend in your essential oils. Add to your bath water and stir in. Soak for 15 minutes or longer. Hydrate with pure, fresh water and a slice of lemon. Shower as usual at the end of your soak, may rest and relax afterward.
Remember 1 drop of an essential oil is equal to 3-4 cups of plant matter in most instances, so a little goes a long way. The heat of the water also increases absorption rate, so start slow!
# Constipation Relief
Unfortunately, this is a common ailment for which many people seek relief. How to prevent and relieve constipation? The word constipation comes from the Latin constipare which means, “to press, or crowd together”.
Medically constipation is defined as fewer than three stools per week. When the lower bowel becomes impacted with fecal matter then evacuating the bowels can become tremendously difficult, as well as a painful issue.
How To Use Black Pepper
Adult: dispense 1-3 drops of black pepper on a cotton ball or smell strip and inhale for 10-20 seconds, or use 4-8 drops diluted in sea salts and add to a warm bath, or use 1-3 drops in a hot compress over the lower abdomen to ease symptoms of constipation. Try a combination of methods to find out what works best for you.