5 Natural Ways To Treat Cracked Heels At Home
By: Pinki Sat, 27 Feb 2021 5:37 PM
When you often hear the sound of your cracked heels you do not think it to be a big problem. For people who are affected with this problem, it’s a painful experience. The conditions might vary from moderate to severe, in which itching as well as redness are moderate signs of the bleeding as the severe one. Proper care and some easy home remedies could very easily solve this problem.
Cracked heels are due to the loss of moisture in the heels and so applying the oils on the cracked heels might improve the condition to most extent. You could use any oil as per your choice; however the best oils for this condition would be the oils which are very easily absorbed by your skin. Coconut oil, olive oil, and sesame oil are best ones to treat the cracked heels. Before you go to bed, massage the heels with the oils as mentioned above.
Soak the feet in some warm water for 10 minutes and rub the heels with pumice stone to get rid of dead skin cells.
- Wash and then dry your feet.
- Then massage heels with oil.
- Always wear cotton socks and then go to sleep.
- Repeat this every day.
# Rose water and glycerine
You might have observed that glycerine is often used in different skincare products as well as soaps. This is because glycerine is a powerful moisturizing agent in the nature. It also helps make the skin soft by adding more moisture to it. Rosewater has powerful antioxidants and also acts as an important carrier for glycerine. You have to mix equal amount of rose water and the glycerine, then transfer this to a bottle and then apply it on the heels in the night before going to the bed.
Exfoliation is the best way to get rid of dead skin cells. The best method to exfoliate the skin is using all natural ingredients, and rice flour is one such ingredient. You could either make the rice flour at your home by just grinding rice or could get it from market.
- To make scrub, mix two tsp rice flour with one tbsp honey and two tsp apple cider vinegar. Then mix everything well to make a thick paste.
- Soak the feet in some warm water and scrub your feet with rice flour scrub.
- Finally, repeat the remedy 2 to 3 times a week for one month to get results.
# Petroleum jelly and Vaseline
Petroleum jelly also known as Vaseline, has been a part of vanity for various uses. One of that uses is to cure cracked heels. The Vaseline is known to prevent the cracked heels effectively.
- Soak the feet in some warm water for about 10 minutes. Then scrub the dead skin cells with pumice stones.
- Then wash and dry the feet.
- Apply required amounts of petroleum jelly on the heels.
- Always wear cotton socks and go to bed.
- Finally, repeat this every day for the best and fast result.
# Paraffin wax
If you have bad heel cracks that may cause you severe pain, you can use this effective remedy. The paraffin wax remedy is offered in salon and is usually recommended for the people looking for quick relief.
- Melt the paraffin wax with 2 tbsp coconut oil or the olive oil.
- Allow paraffin wax to cool down. A thin layer starts to form on top of the wax after is cools down. Dip the feet in wax and keep in for 5 to 10 seconds. Take out feet from wax and put them back in wax again. Repeat this several times until you get layers of wax on the feet.
- Cover the feet with plastic bag. Then leave wax on the feet for about 30 minutes.
- After some time lapse, remove plastic and then peel off wax.
- Do the treatments once a week.